Dismantle is a magazine, an education site, and a community for understanding fashion, pop culture and social change.
Fashion and pop culture are important parts of everyday life and politics, but we don’t often have opportunities to dig deep into how these things connect us to larger communities and power structures.
Our articles, series, and educational materials are all about how understanding fashion, pop culture and social issues can help us dismantle systems of oppression.
Dismantle Magazine features the work of professional writers, scholars, activists, and artists alongside emerging voices, in a supportive, collaborative environment.
Dismantle Education uses tools from the field of cultural studies to deepen your understanding of fashion, pop culture, and social change.
In other words, Dismantle is a framework for doing rather than a site for telling.
Here are some ways you can Dismantle with us!
- Subscribe to our Patreon! Patreon subscribers get complete access to our archives, invitations to exclusive events like Zoom happy hours with special guests, and deep discounts on our educational products.
- Write for us! (Yes, we pay!)
- Take a Class!
- Use our articles and materials in your classroom or club!
- Join our mailing list!
- Follow us on social media! We’re on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Email dismantlemedia at gmail dot com and tell us what you like or what you wish there was more of!